I was telling one of my awesome WANA711 sisters, Tameri, just yesterday, that my sole intention of writing, be it a novel or a blog, was to reach out to others, to make them feel and make them think. I want to reach into their soul and wake up anything that may have fallen asleep, because with our crazy, hectic, unbalanced lives as writers/mothers/wives/husbands/fathers/friends/overall superheroes, we tend to forget or push these feelings away for another day, sometimes never to be felt again.
And so I wrote.
Right now all I can say is, wow, I must be doing something right because I was given the Liebster Award by two of my good friends, Natalie Hartford and Kate Wood. Thank you, ladies, for your generosity! I really appreciate it! I’m not really sure what to say, but here goes!
I’m a huge fan of Natalie’s blog because, first of all, her blog page makes me want to throw on some capri pants, bangle bracelets, and a fresh coat of pink lipstick and go shopping! Her writing style is fresh and totally uplifting. She is educational and entertaining. You never know what you’ll be reading about, but know it will be awesome! So, go on…read it.
Kate’s blog is one of my favorites as well, because, well, I totally dig on the Celtic culture. As part of the Napier clan myself (my ancestors anyway) I really enjoy the information she puts out about the Celts. Be sure to check out her blog! Your world will be richer for it.
Here’s fine print on receiving the Liebster Blog Award: Winners of a Liebster must:
1. Post the award on your blog and show thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them via the award graphic
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog or send them a shout out on Twitter.
3. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers (and bloggers).
The point of the award is to help bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers, but that’s a box thing for me and in keeping peace with my rebel side, I fudged on a few of these. I wanted to bring attention to these blogs because I thought they deserved the exposure.
Choosing my five was difficult, because so many are deserving of this award, but here we go…my choices for the Liebster Award:
1. JM Randolph. I think I stumbled upon her blog via Amber West, another of my blogging buddies. I think one of them was RT’ing the other or something. I was curious who JM Randolph was and so I followed the trail to her blog. I’m so glad I did. She is an “accidental” step-mom to five children. She is creative, strong, and funny. She has such a great attitude. I love to be a fly on the wall as her blog allows us a looksie into her life.
2. Wajiha Hyder. Honestly, I just met her last night. We tweeted a few times back and forth and found a common ground – mothering perceptions. I checked out her blog and absolutely loved what she wrote. (Probably because she thinks a lot like me!) So join me in getting to know her better by following her (she’s just shy of the 200 mark) and learning how her mind works!
3. Nancy Nicholson. Now here’s one you’re gonna love. Nancy writes her novels and blog from aboard her Fawkes Phoenix, a 47’ sailboat! How cool is that? While we pound away at our keyboards on solid ground, Nancy and her family are cruising the coast of the Eastern United States and the Caribbean. She shares favorite recipes and sailing adventures. Head on over to her site for some spectacular pictures!
4. Johanna K.P. This girl tells it like she sees it. Her Note To Self is exactly like it is labeled. A note to self. Sometimes I feel like I am intruding on her thoughts and other times I know she’s letting me in. Johanna is a dark fiction/horror writer, so you know she’s plenty deep.
5. Krystal Wade. I love Krystal’s blog. Her blogs are sometimes fun, sometimes serious, always generous, sharing her space with fellow writers. Now I’m not sure where she finds the time to write and blog, being the mother of three and all, but from what I see on her blog, she has some incredible balance in her life. We should all take lessons from her.
So there are my choices! Please help me congratulate them by visiting their blog and saying hello!